A Content Management System (CMS) is a web application which lets you create and manage your website using an admin panel. Whether considering a new site or a web site redesign, many companies are still implementing designs that lack the ability to be easily updated once going live. A content management system can potentially reduce website implementation and design costs while greatly facilitating the ability to manage content within the site. By using a content management system, user controls the changing content of the website.
Pros of HTML Web Design
• HTML websites are more secure than CMS sites
• You often have more control over the SEO aspect of web design
• You can design your website exactly how you want it without worrying about forced features of a CMS
• CMS websites can be code heavy, resulting in a slower page load speed and diminished SEO
• Other coding languages can be easily integrated into your website
Cons of HTML Web Design
• It can take longer to design a website using HTML
• Simple changes to your website can take much longer to implement than you are willing to spend since you may have to make those changes one page at a time
The following separates the pros and cons of a Content Management System:
Pros of CMS Design
• CMS is more organized than an html site. You control your website from anywhere.
• Design: You can create different templates for certine pages on your website.
• Functionalities: You can find plugins to do alomost everything you want.
• SEO Friendly: You can have 100% control over your URL, title, meta tags
Cons of CMS Design
• Bigger size and more files.
• HTML and CSS Knowledge.